FR - NL - EN - 中文
Our store on the Grand-Place of Brussels has closed its doors after 60 years of a wonderful adventure with you all, clients and business partners.
My mother, our staff and I thank you all for this !
But this is not the end of the story. I'm preparing some surprises for you and shortly you'll find me back on internet or on appointment.
If you left some laces in deposit in our store, don't worry, they are safe and you'll get them back. Leave me a message and I'll contact you.
Marie-Therese and Maurice Hougardy created the store in 1957.
In 1972 Anne Rubbrecht, a cousin of Marie-Therese and Maurice Hougardy takes over the store with her husband Frans.
They are motivied by the love of lace, its delicacy and its beauty. The localization of the shop on the most beautiful place of the world, the Grand-place of Brussels, makes that you work in a magical atmosphere. Tourists coming from all over the world and the Belgians visit the square.
Since 1972 Anne and Frans Rubbrecht have always been developing the product range and proposed services. The shop increases and becomes gradually in true center of handcraft which proposes as well antiquities as new modern creations.
Anne and Frans Rubbrecht also take part in a lot of events and contest.
They do not hesitate to lend parts of their personal collection for special occasions.
- Representation of the discovery of America by Christophe Colomb. This lace has amongst other things been exposed during the World Fair to Madrid in 1992.
What do we propose?
Production - Restoration - Maintenance - Transformation - Personalization
To current - Lace measure Ė old laces Sale with the private individuals
We produce our laces with our workers in Belgium. Thanks to this we have a big choice of models and possibility to working with your measurements.
We sell to private individuals in our shop in Brussels as well as on this website.
We also sell to professionals. Donít hesitate to contact us for our wholesales conditions.
This is our product line:
We also propose a big choice of antique laces: museum pieces, laces for weddings, veils and antique christening dresses, antique handkerchiefs, fans, ...
- Table art: tablecloth, placemat, napkin, breadbasket, runners, doily...
- Fashion: handkerchief and small pockets, tee-shirt, blouses,...
- Wedding: Wedding veils, wedding handkerchief, pillow for wedding rings, garter, laces by the yard...
- Baby: christening dress, bonnet, shoe, bib, collar...
- Accessories: jewels, evening bags, belts...
- Bronze: the collection of traditional Wiener Bronzes. These bronzes produced with old in a traditional foundry.
- Fans: various colors and designs.
- Various: bookmark, magnets, Christmas decoration...
Since 2007 weíve restart the production of colored embroideries made by hand for tableware. Thanks to this technique we can make extremely resistant table linen thatís still has the charms of fine handcraft.
We can also restore or transform all your antique laces, fans, table linen...
Do not hesitate to contact us for more details. If a work can be done by hand with a needle we can help you.
|Grand-Place, 23 - 1000 Brussels - Tel: +32(0)2/512.02.18 - email@example.com||